CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, March 3, 2008

I Need A Break

I like getting away with my husband. We had a chance to get out without the kids the other night, and it was a blast. We got to have a dinner we wanted to have, and see a movie we were interested in. It was nice, and strange all at the same time. I wish we could get a break more often, but since we rely on grandparents to take the kids, we don't want to abuse it.
I am really needing "The Yearly Escape". "Smith" and I try to get away once a year without the kids. Last year's wasn't so good for me. I wound up being more tired than before we left. This year I hope it's different. I know "Smith" needs to get away, too. So, we're looking into getting out of here for a while, and looking forward to spending some time with each other.

I really need to get away from it all for a bit. To quote a song I love, "I'm going slightly mad..."

dancing sushi

3 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

I know the feeling of needing to get away. My vacation is a bust as I came down with Influenza this morning. Had to cancel everything as I have to stay home and away from people for 5 days.
But anyway....so glad you and Mr Smith were able to get some alone time the other night!! :)

Mrs. "Smith" said...

Thank you. I'm sorry you got sick, that really stinks. Hopefully you've got someone to make you a big pot of soup and get a stack of books for you. I hope you get better soon.

Front Porch Society said...

Nope....just me and the dog. I tend to "intimidate" men when it comes to relationships. They can't handle the fact that I am so independent and am not one of those who needs a man to do everything for me.