CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, September 12, 2008

We're Still Here...Sort Of

Our internet is having problems, so I'm using my folks computer for this.


Sgt. Starzyk's memorial was yesterday.


It was moving, at times funny, and absolutely heartbreaking when his wife's sobs could be heard throughout the pavilion.


This was the first police funeral/memorial I've been to, and I hope I never have to go to one for any Officer I know.


For the first time since Smith started working, I've worried when he's walked out the door. In the last 5 days I've lost 10 pounds and been running on nerves, because I'm not sleeping much either. It's affected Snake, too. He's been giving more hugs than usual. Moose doesn't seem to have noticed, and to be honest I've turned off the news when it's rolled around to this story.


A flag is no replacement for a husband or wife, or mom or dad. I never want one. You hear me Smith?

3 comments:

Officer "Smith" said...

Loud and clear, Dear.

Front Porch Society said...

Wow....I would have lost it too when I heard her sobs at the funeral.
Treasure the moments you have together - life is too short and we never know when our time is up.
Things are tense here for us. 3 shootings just in CR in 3 days! That is very unusual for my city.
I will keep Mr Smith in my prayers and will continue to keep this family and the department in prayer.

Anonymous said...

My great-grandfather was shot and killed in the line of duty, EOW 1-1-1933. Especially considering every generation since has been LEO's (at least 2 of them) we are not wanting a repeat. I'll pray for you guys. I googled the articles and have a heavy heart tonight thinking of your department. I am so sorry.