CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm Still Here, And Moving Down The Road

Yes, I am still alive, Smith would have let you know if I was gone, I'm sure. I've been busy with kids and class.

One thing I would like to get out is my disgust of boys in hot rods. Yes, sweetie, you do have a fast car. Yes, it is a sweet ride. If you could drive it, I'd be impressed. You see, just because you can go really fast in a straight line doesn't mean you can drive.

Driving is about reading the flow of traffic and being able figure out what the other cars are going to do. Driving is maneuvering through traffic, finding the holes that open up for a moment and give a chance to get away from the guy riding your tail. Or getting away from the woman in the Mercedes talking on her phone with the BMW on her tail because the Beemer can't drive either It's not about flying up on someone's rear bumper and riding a few feet from it. Anyone can do that.

I love maneuvering through traffic. Especially when I have some young punk in a Charger, Mustang, or some other "fast" car behind me. When I am able to spot a place where a hole is going to open up, wait for the right moment, make my move, and leave the guy behind it makes my day. When I see that guy stuck behind the person who was making me nuts because they were going 10 miles under the speed limit after he was riding my tail, I figure he got what he deserved.

But, when that guy had been following me throug the openings I saw, try to pass me and not be able to because he misread the flow and has to get back in behind me I have to say the feeling I have is pure smugness. What makes it even better is that I drive a minivan. Yes, it's a minivan, but I drive it.

So, do you go fast down the road, or do you drive?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great! I think the same jerk lives in my city! - Officer

Front Porch Society said...

lol. Love it! ;)