CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Words Of (Stolen) Wisdom

I shamelessly lifted these from Post Secret. I usually find a postcard there that touches on something I've been though. (Sometimes it's scary.) Here are some things that spoke to me, I hope they speak to you.

You can do anything. But not everything.

No matter how low you consider yourself, there is always someone looking up at you wishing they were that high.

The world is speaking to you every day. You just don't always know how to listen.

llegitimus non carborundum - don't let the bastards grind you down.

It''s okay to be afraid, but don't let that fear hold you back. Instead, have it push you forward, breaking through the barrier you thought was there.

Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.

The true test of your character will be in how you treat those you DO NOT have to be nice to.

Feel the pain. Let it engulf you. Then let it go.

Failure isn't falling down -- It's staying down.

The wisdom of Dr. Seuss will always ring true in life.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There will never be anyone youer than you."

Find something here to carry you through your day. I'd like to know what speaks to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these...I had totally forgotten about post secret...I keep meaning to go to Barnes and Noble or Borders and see if anyone has put notes in the books!

Anonymous said...

'Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.'

They were all wonderful.. but this is my favorite today!
-Dispatcher

Ganga Fondan said...

I wanted to know who else was a fan of "Hidalgo" so I found your blog. I know what you mean about not giving up. I can relate to losing everything and climbing back on top.
I discovered songwriting and found the words and melodies to building a beautiful life again. I also like what you said about being a mom in your profile.

Have an awesome day,
Ganga

Julie said...

I love Postsecret. I log on every Sunday and read the newest ones. Have the books and flip through them frequently.

It's comforting to know people have some of the same secrets I do.

And makes me feel damn good when I look at one and think "HO Boy, that dude is messed up."