CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I Don't Do Mornings Well

I'm house sitting for my parents for the next two days. I spent a lot of time yesterday getting the kids stuff together, including their laundry. It all got piled up in the kitchen because if I put it in my car in the morning, by the time it was time to go it would have smelled like a public urinal. (I've been in plenty of Men's bathrooms during concerts, baseball games, rodeos, and at amusement parks - and, YES, the only thing I did was hover over the seat in the stall while it was guarded by the person who went with me). Anyway, we got over here and got settled in.
For the kids, that means going in the back yard, peeling their shirts off, and starting to dig or pull out the big Tonka trucks to play with. Then they have an argument the little one comes in crying, they both put toys away and come inside.
Anyway, my parents have four cats, (I told them they had to stop, or they were going to be known as "the crazy cat people"). Three of them were abandoned cats that decided to come inside, one was adopted from a rescue group. For the most part they are nice cats, with the exception of one who was named after a demonic spirit - she's decided to act like her name.
I'm not sure if the cats wanted me to know they were here so I should feel safe, or if they were expressing their displeasure at my parents being gone and the kids and I were here; but at least one of them walked all over me all night long!
So there I was, a garden path for the cats, being woken up all night. (Who ever said cats have light feet never met these cats.) At 5:10 AM, one of them started rattling the blinds. GRRRRRRR!!!! I had the alarm set for earlier than I cared to get up already. I sure didn't need help.
I hate having to turn the coffee pot on when it has a timer. It's just not right. *Sob, sniffle*

2 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

*HUGS*
I shall pray for your sanity during the time your parents are gone! ;)
I have never house-sat before but I have heard some interesting stories about what has happened to those who have!

Mrs. "Smith" said...

Thank you!