CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Conundrum

I started this blog on a whim. It's grown since then, letting me get out things semi-anonymously. There are family members who know about it, and others who may not. My problem is this: I have some emotionally volatile statements I want to get out about a family member. Do I let fly full speed ahead, damning the torpedoes since our relationship is already strained? Or, do I continue being diplomatic, and have the backlog of venomous truths I've been holding in continue to eat at me, smiling while choking at the bitter taste in my throat?

There are several people who would urge me to let go of what I feel and forgive the other person. I will counter with this: you have no idea how hard it is to deal with someone who continually treats one of the people I love most in the world like a second class citizen and as little respect as can be gotten away with.

I NEED to get out what I'm feeling inside in a public, yet somewhat anonymous way. I need to get feedback from the people who drop by my little corner of Blogland. At the same time, I don't want to make it worse for those I deeply care about and love.

Thus is my conundrum. If you have a long reply, feel free to email me.

4 comments:

Front Porch Society said...

Let it out! :)
If the relationship is already strained, I don't see any point in holding it in. Besides, maybe once they read how you really feel and what a jerk they are then maybe they will be faced with the reality of their idiotic behavior and actually do something about changing it! Or so we can all hope.
PS. I am going to email some pics of me and Kira to you as soon as I post this comment.

MJ said...

I can see where you're coming from--I have a blog that all of my in-laws know about, so if I had a beef with any of them, I'd be pretty hard-pressed to blog about it. I have, though, not to make a big deal about it, just to vent.

Anonymous said...

I am having the same inner conflict. I've got your back if you've got mine!

Mrs. "Smith" said...

Kvegas!!! I've been wondering how you're doing. How's the new blog doing? Thanks for the support, I've got your back, no worries!