CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Zing!!!

Tonight we were sitting and relaxing, enjoying what passes for a calm moment in our patch of boy filled chaos when the phone rang.

Barely intelligible mumble: Hello, my name is "X", and I'm calling from (mumble) Research Group about milk and dairy products.

Me: Where?

"X": (Mumble) Research Group. Do you ever experience stomach upset?

Me: Only when I get unsolicited phone calls. Good night.

Click.

I do so love when caller ID says "Unknown Name, Unknown Number".

9 comments:

Officer "Smith" said...

What gets me is that you say such things so sweetly.

Front Porch Society said...

lol. *snort*
When I had my collie, I would have him answer the phone and make him bark constantly into the phone. And they just had to sit through it. hehe!
Now, I just pick up the phone and then slam it back down.

Officer "Smith" said...

So, honey, would you like to tell everyone what you do when we get those calls with nobody on the other end?

Front Porch Society said...

Oooooo......please, do tell!! ;)

Mrs. "Smith" said...

I burp....loudly. ;)

Officer "Smith" said...

That's my delicate flower.

Front Porch Society said...

lol!!! Now that is funny!!

Aza said...

When they call here I tell them stories...very. long. stories. Mind you, I never allow them to get a word in. After I get bored (roughly a half an hour into it) I thank them for an entertaining (one sided) conversation, ask that they call again real soon and hang up. Heh, the same company never calls me twice. Can't imagine why.

Mrs. "Smith" said...

Aza, that is hilarious! I'm going to have to try that. Thank you!