CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy 36th Birthday Roe V. Wade

Abortion has been safe and legal now for 36 years. I hope it stays that way. And I will do what I can to keep it legal, and women safe from back-alley abortions that could kill them. I believe it is the choice of that individual woman, her partner if she chooses, and her doctor. It is a difficult decision to make, and I will never hold a woman's choice against her.

And thank you President Obama, for lifting the global gag rule on family planning groups.

I will not tolerate attacks on me for my views. If you choose to post a response, I expect it to be civil.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

no attacks from me! Hey we all are entitled to our beliefs and opinions!

Front Porch Society said...

I agree with the above commenter.

I am opinionated on certain views, as well, whether or not others agree with me or not. ;) I figure each person has come to their own conclusion on issues based on whatever experiences or values they have.

And that is what makes this country great. Diversity. :)

Dori said...

While I believe that life begins at the moment of conception--my 5 wk ultrasound showing a heartbeat no bigger than a grain of rice cemented *that* belief--I whole heartedly support a woman's legal right to chose what is best for her own body and soul.

MJ said...

While I don't personally believe that abortion is right, I can't and won't force someone else to believe the same as me.

I for one am for the education of women about abortion, pros and cons, and let them decide for themselves. It is utterly ridiculous that it is such a taboo subject.

Redroach said...

I have my views too, but I agree that someone else's morality should not be used to infringe upon mine or anyone else's rights.

So we probably share the same views

TV